SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

RE: I agree with Ian. The dive club members were not careful...

Don - AOW/system analyst
August 7, 2006 at 12:01:38

Gary and Ian need to get their facts straight. I was on the Belize Aggressor during hurricane Iris. The fact is that when we arrived in Belize we were never told about evacuation. We were constantly being told that the hurricane was headed north of Belize so we were going to dock in Placencia. Then once we arrived there that is when they told us the hurricane was headed south of Belize and guess where? They knew this before heading there, but never told us. Then when we were given the option to leave the boat we talked to the captain about it and he said that he rode out a hurricane here before and that it was a safer place because it was a more protected area. The captain said that he felt it was safer to stay on the boat than on land. So, we decided to stay.

Now I ask you....what would you have done?

This has nothing to do about anyone wanting to get their money's worth out of this trip. We were thinking about what would be the safest and best option for us.

As to what the people on the Wave Dancer were told one can only believe what the survivors say and I for one believe they were not given all the facts about the hurricane.

So, you need to keep your uninformed and unintelligent comments to yourselves until you get all the facts.

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK