Thank you for the concern--I will try to get some rest...
David Hay - Instructor/Scuba Diving Instructor
March 9, 2005 at 23:52:44
"Better hit the Hay David--You need a rest". Possible--I have been home for the past couple of weeks sick, thank you for the concern I will try and get more rest.
Well Ok maybe we can reread the points together and you can point out my mistakes.
Well let me see if I am reading this right, correct me if I am wrong.
1. The topic at hand is "Peter Hughes Wave Dancer THE WAVE DANCER DEATHS" Yet it seems some anonymous person wishes to use this tragedy to attack Dive Expressions. Am I wrong? Is this not correct?
2. "They wormed their way right into the middle of the club and got their staff onto the RDC executive committee. I'm telling you they were exploiting RDC for selling equipment and courses like they owned it."
Gary started the club and was the founder, It was he who built it and supplied, yes gear and trips as a service, his shop was the original meeting place. As dive store clubs work around the world yes the money from gear and trips helped to support his club getting started. AM I READING THIS WRONG?
3. "They were also the ones who were pushing the Peter Hughes boats."
This in my opinion implies that they were some how connected to the tragedy and implies fault for "PUSHING" Peter Hughes. I as many dive professionals used Peter Hughes boats for years, I myself ran trips for ten years with never an incident nor could anyone foresee this happening. My dive shop had trips booked a year in advance and had no idea of the details tell much later. I have never run a Hughes dive trip since. This being said then should the thousands of dive shops who ran trips and supported Hughes in the past be accountable for the poor judgment that led to this tragedy. Maybe so but Dive Expressions was the only one named.
4. But what really got to me even more than finding out the "new" equipment I bought from them was actually used.
As I stated before RUBBISH, prove it. The gear has serial numbers, lets trace them.
5. "Ellen treated CDNN's editor when he contacted her for information about our friends who died on the Wave Dancer. Apparently that was the day after Wave Dancer capsized in the hurricane. Ellen Kinsler not only refused to cooperate with CDNN but also threatened them. What I read is that she told CDNN that only Peter Hughes should do the investigation, nobody else, not the police, not the Coast Guard, not anybody but Hughes. And she said if CDNN published anything about the accident, she would contact everybody in the scuba diving industry and tell them to boycott CDNN."
This is heartless and unfounded she has always maintained that she was not on the trip and had no information to give. She was very hurt. She lost friends and I would also like to point out that from that day on she has not logged a single dive. This broke her heart and the unfounded rumors drove her right out of Scuba. Congratulations hatred has dun its job.
6. "They had at least one of their staff on the RDC Board of Directors when the Wave Dancer capsized."
Ok so now was it a ONE STAFF member on the board who single handedly had the only voting power and ruined the club? Was it Gary, Ellen or the one staff member who was "exploiting RDC for selling equipment and courses like they owned it" "They were also the ones who were pushing the Peter Hughes boats." I must admit in all the clubs I have seen, I have never herd of one executive staff member credited with so much power WOW what an evil force this person must have been, wow get a rope!
7. "It is a matter of record that Island Dreams got paid for setting up the trip and from what I've seen, the guy who runs that company is more than willing to compromise diver safety for a quick buck. He didn't skip a beat when 20 people in Belize died--he just kept on selling Dancer trips as if nothing had happened."
OK, not Gary pushing the trip?
"Dive professionals who attempt to obstruct and impede investigations of accidents don't get my business and I would encourage other divers who genuinely care about their safety, and the safety of their loved ones, to avoid Dive Expressions like the plague."
"They(Gary) were also the ones who were pushing the Peter Hughes boats". . ."they were getting kickbacks from him for every RDC member that got on his boats."
But you just said Island Dreams did the trip?
Well Not being an American perhaps I should get some remedial reading classes but until then I cant help thinking you need to get your story strait. Was it an RDC trip a Island Dreams trip or a Dive Expressions trip? The topic at hand is "THE WAVE DANCER DEATHS" not, lets find any stupid thing we can slander Garry and his wife with.
8. "I would encourage other divers who genuinely care about their safety, and the safety of their loved ones, to avoid Dive Expressions like the plague."
9. As a dive professional you should be ashamed of yourself for making such a slanderous remark. As an Instructor if you felt dive expressions was being unsafe then it falls upon you ethically to report it to the certifying agency. I am a Naui Padi and SDI instructor. I have watched Gary teach on several occasions and found that SAFETY is his number one priority. Please provide proof if you have any that gary does not care about their safety, and the safety of their loved ones.