SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Better hit the hay David--you need some rest...

Ian S - Instructor/University Administrator
March 8, 2005 at 22:19:31

David, you might want to inquire about remedial reading courses at your local community college.

Go back and carefully reread the comments in this forum. No one has blamed Gary and Ellen Kinsler for the Wave Dancer deaths.  It is a matter of record that Island Dreams got paid for setting up the trip and from what I've seen, the guy who runs that company is more than willing to compromise diver safety for a quick buck. He didn't skip a beat when 20 people in Belize died--he just kept on selling Dancer trips as if nothing had happened.  But that's another topic, isn't it?

As for Gary and Ellen Kinsler, the criticisms are that they 1) exploited the RDC for their own financial gain 2) sold used gear as new equipment 3) refused to cooperate with CDNN 4) told CDNN not to publish anything about the disaster because Peter Hughes, and only Peter Hughes, should do the investigation and 5) threatened to harass CDNN if they published anything about the Wave Dancer deaths.

Bottom line? "Dive professionals" who attempt to obstruct and impede investigations of accidents don't get my business and I would encourage other divers who genuinely care about their safety, and the safety of their loved ones, to avoid Dive Expressions like the plague.

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK