SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

My reaction to the horror of the tsunami deaths...

Teresa Mars - Pharmacist/Widow of Wave Dancer victim Ray Mars
January 3, 2005 at 07:07:16

This is especially to Ian S:

The endless news and increasing death toll of the tsunami disaster have brought back the initial shock and horror of hearing about the Wave Dancer. One of the most horrible things is the repeated telling about the condition of the bodies of the victims. It's just like Belize, all over again. 

The reports say that there is not enough refrigeration for the massive amount of casualties.  Belize apparently did not have the refrigeration even for 20 bodies.  And the reporting about not having enough to cover the bodies with, another memory of the Wave Dancer victims being partially covered with what appeared to be black plastic garbage bags, with the legs and feet of each victim left exposed. 

One woman even had her face exposed. And, all the while, Peter Hughes, with all his resources, was sitting on the shore, supposedly crying.  That was not very much help, was it, and the bodies were left on the pier in the heat and humidity for several days. 

So, the hearing of the condition of the tsunami victims' bodies is exactly what we heard about our loved ones' bodies.  I guess your take on all of this is that these were spoiled rich tourists, who "must have their holiday" (words from you about the "dumb" divers on the Wave Dancer), so they must have deserved to die, right?  So, why all the fuss? The number of dead is different, to be sure, but one human being's life is as significant as another's. All of the tsunami victims just got what they deserved, right Ian???

Reporting from Mars  (and, congrats on that originality, Ian, I had never heard anyone make a play on my name before, you are SO clever!!!)

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK