SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Dive Expressions owned by Gary and Ellen Kinsler ruined the Richmond Dive Club...

Ex-RDC Member - Diver/Business
October 23, 2004 at 23:25:13

The problem with the Richmond Dive Club was Ellen Kinsler and her husband Gary who own Dive Expressions, a greedy PADI "buy this buy that" dive shop. They wormed their way right into the middle of the club and got their staff onto the RDC executive committee.  I'm telling you they were exploiting RDC for selling equipment and courses like they owned it.  They were also the ones who were pushing the Peter Hughes boats and I heard from three other members they were getting kickbacks from him for every RDC member that got on his boats.

But what really got to me even more than finding out the "new" equipment I bought from them was actually used, was reading in a scuba newsletter a couple years ago how Ellen treated CDNN's editor when he contacted her for information about our friends who died on the Wave Dancer. Apparently that was the day after Wave Dancer capsized in the hurricane. Ellen Kinsler not only refused to cooperate with CDNN but also threatened them.  What I read is that she told CDNN that only Peter Hughes should do the investigation, nobody else, not the police, not the Coast Guard, not anybody but Hughes. And she said if CDNN published anything about the accident, she would contact everybody in the scuba diving industry and tell them to boycott CDNN.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK