SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

My major problem is with Peter Hughes and IMMARBE in Belize...

Teresa Mars - Non-Diver/Pharmacist and wife of Wave Dancer victim Ray Mars
October 11, 2004 at 22:12:54

Dear Richard,  No need for any apology.  I completely agree with everything you said.  I am thankful that some people actually remember, because it has seemed to me that no one cares anymore. If it didn't affect them, they just don't care, and find it very easy to ignore.

My major issue is with our government, not doing anything at all to demand an explanation for the deaths of so many U.S. citizens in a foreign country.  Actually, that's not quite true, my major problem is with Peter Hughes and IMMARBE in Belize, and their relationship, which I believe has stalled the official report. Something is very definitely going on between them, anyone should be able to see that it just doesn't look right, but no one wants to do anything about it.  I guess we'll just have to hope that he doesn't let it happen again, with more families devastated forever.

Thank you again for remembering, and mostly for caring about your friends. I also knew almost all of them, and they were not partying, or whatever. They were mature, serious people, who loved scuba diving, but would never dare Mother Nature's forces, if they had only known the truth.  No question, they would have just gotten off the boat.

My beautiful husband, Ray, would never have risked his life, no way, we had our future all planned out, and were looking forward so very much to it.  That's been taken from us, and nothing will ever be the same, and the continued stalling and getting away with this negligence has only made the whole horrific incident worse.  It's like a continual slapping in the face, over and over and over. I will never be able to accept the fact that such behavior is actually allowed.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK