SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Re: Attorney's threatening letter to Teresa Mars...

David Sifre - Open Water Diver/Attorney
December 27, 2003 at 18:17:52

To Teresa Mars - Widow of Wave Dancer Victim Ray Mars:

Teresa, I am terribly sorry for your loss, and would like to thank you and everybody else for the many postings regarding this disaster. I guess it happened so close to 9/11 that it really didn't make the news.

If you still have it, I would like to see a PDF copy of that letter you referred to from an attorney threatening you for trying to contact one of the Wave Dancer survivors.

I am no apologist for anybody, but wonder whether perhaps the trauma of surviving has made it too difficult for the person to talk about the tragedy?  I know so little about what happened, but can only imagine that even being there to witness it firsthand, one may not really have any answers. My guess is that the guests did not know what was happening or they would not have been on the boat ... or they would have had their b.c.'s on... so that the person won't speak to you is probably more of an emotional thing than anything else.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK