SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

We will never forget...

Richard Lindsay - Divemaster/Engineer
November 30, 2003 at 21:34:01

I guess I am just a dumb country boy! But how in the world can anyone blame the passengers or the crew? The Captain and the owner call the shots.

I live in Richmond and I also am an inactive member of the Richmond Dive Club. I am amazed at some of the comments like I don't dive during hurricane season, (I guess he dosen't dive much) there was a party, (a beer and dinner is not a party), they didn't have there life jackets on, (they weren't told to put them on). The comments go on and on.

The CAPTAIN has ALL of the responsibility, he needs to inspect the lines after mooring, he needs to tell the passengers the weather has turned for the worse and for them to put on their life jackets. It is his job to check the weather forcast. It is his responibility to bring every passenger back home safely.

I assist in teaching about 200 divers a year at various schools in the area. Bad boat captains and bad boat operators (Peter Hughes) have become part of our dive planning lecture.

Diving has never been the same--I MISS MY FRIENDS. All because of a bad operator, a bad captain, and the worship of the  dollar bill. I hope every diver that meets Peter Hughes reminds him of what he and his captain did to my friends. I know I will remind him!

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK