SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Captain in the lifeboat?...

Peter M - Recreational Diver
September 9, 2003 at 12:09:59

This is to Teresa Mars who keeps refering to the captain being in the lifeboat when the Wavedancer capsized.

I don't know where you get that from.  He had just exited the main salon and was on his way to the bridge and was metres away from where most of the passengers were in the salon.

He then got all the passengers on the surface into the life raft and then swam across the channel, against their pleads to stay with him to the shore where he returned with a crew member of the Aggressor and rescued the 3 surviving passengers, he then went back and got the crew. He also freedived inside the vessel and pulled 2 bodies out and placed 6 bodies into the other liferaft and swam it across the channel. Glen Prillaman was also pulled out of the water by the captain and given mouth to mouth.

I am just curious where you get your information from as it seems a lot of your facts are incorrect. My condolences for your loss.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK