SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

To Ken Elkins, Dale Treadway, Vascuba, Buck Evans, and all of the other Hughes/Aggressor supporters...

Heather Johnston - Daughter of Wave Dancer victims Byron and Shirley Johnston
July 31, 2003 at 15:13:09

Although Ken Elkins claims to be impartial, he is a former Aggressor captain.

Vascuba is clearly jealous of the Richmond Dive Club's financial success.

It is unclear what kind of deal Dale Treadway has with Peter Hughes, but it is hard to believe that he is impartial either.

Surely you all have something  better to do than blame the dead for the negligence of Peter Hughes and now the Aggessor fleet.

Dale says "Hard to believe this subject is still going on..."  Twenty people are dead and the passage of two years has done little to dim the memory for the victims' families. As long as Peter Hughes continues to operate in Belize, we will continue fighting, while the rest of the dive community goes about their business.

It is both heartless and factually incorrect to blame the victims for this tragedy.  If you need a review of the facts, please see Tom Stark's CDNN interview.

When I arrived at my parents' house to prepare for their funeral, I found that the last thing my father had viewed on his computer was the weather report for Belize.  Once on board the Wave Dancer all radios were "broken" and the passengers were lied to.  If my father had known that the hurricane was anywhere near their location or that there was any shelter available on shore, he would have taken his wife and run through the rain for shelter if necessary.  These were not stupid people, nor were they interested in taking any unneccessary risks.

Peter Hughes on the other hand took every unneccessary risk he could at the cost of 20 innocent lives.

My parents' obituary is posted at http://math.vassar.edu/faculty/johnston/obit.html

Can you look them in the eye and blame them for their own deaths?

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK