SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Peter Hughes caused the deaths of 20 good people...

Holly Hill - Daughter of Wave Dancer victims Bill and Sheila Hamilton
July 11, 2003 at 10:55:04

No one made the Richmond Dive Club members choose Peter Hughes Diving, Inc.  But that does not change the fact that Peter Hughes caused the deaths of 20 people by making many fatal decisions. A game of Russian Roulette with a hurricane, don't like the sound of those odds. But Peter Hughes did. He chose to play that game; all to save a buck. It wasn't the divers responsibility to manage the dive trip, it was the boating company's and it's "professionals".

Yes, they paid a lot of money to go on this trip, money that they worked hard for all of their lives to get. I'm sorry Vascuba that you have a problem with the lack of money you obviously have.  But regardless of blame, let me make one thing straight.

I only knew two people who died on the Wave Dancer.  Bill and Sheila Kelley, my mother and step-father. They worked full-time jobs, went to school part time at night, and each raised a child on their own until they married.  What ever money they may have had was earned by hard work and determination to better themselves and be positive role models for their children.  How dare you belittle their lives by comparing it to their finacial status! Peter Hughes has already done that to me, my family and all of the families of the deceased.

It's obvious that Peter Hughes will never admit any type of blame. He stands to loose to much money.  And if people want to continue to risk their lives by diving with Peter Hughes Diving, Inc. and other businesses like his, so be it. Preparation is the key element to a good dive trip, and that includes knowing who you're diving with!

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK