SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

SCUBA DIVING :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: WAVE DANCER

Still in a state of shock over the Wave Dancer disaster...

Michael P. Bryant  - Instructor
June 5, 2003 23:45:40

I am still in shock over the Wave Dancer Disaster in Belize. I was a customer diving aboard the Wave Dancer in 1995 and I found it to be an outstanding operation.

Surely the crew had changed from that time. The crew when I was aboard was highly competent and safety was stressed at all times. I am surprised that over the years Peter Hughes has allowed his crew to become so careless.

It is a shame that such a first-class operation has fallen so far. I cannot understand why the captain did not at least anchor on the leeward side of one of the many islands and have the crew and customers seek shelter. What a disgrace and waste of human life!

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2008  CYBER DIVER SCUBA DIVING NEWS NETWORK