SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

20 pool dives before certification--I was lucky...

Rick - OW/Web Designer
August 31, 2006 at 15:45:21

I agree - and disagree.  I took open water via PADI in Michigan. I was lucky and got an instructor that took us through more than 20 pool dives before certification - over several months. Now, with only 30 dives in the book, I am drift diving in the St. Clair River in Michigan with 18 inch vis sometimes with 1000 ft freighters going over my head. While I didn't learn all of this through my instructor I think that it's the individual's responsibility to determine their own dive comfort levels, and PADI instructors' responsibility to point out their inexperience with this new course. Just a thought--Happy Diving!

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER