SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

"Inexperienced" PADI Divers...

David - Master Scuba Diver/Professor
June 29, 2006 at 10:30:13

Re: "I dont know much about civilian diving and civilian dive equipment, but I do know I will never dive again with an inexperienced PADI diver."  Chris

All of which may be a very good policy for him, but the problem is not with the dive agency, it is with the potential buddy's inexperience. It is dangerous to dive with some one if they are very inexperienced, but we see inexperience from all agencies, NAUI, SSI, YMCA, all of them. To generalize to "PADI" as "inexperienced" is just over generalizing.

A post-script: Most of those who say they don't want to buddy up with inexperienced divers list their experience or training as very great. There is an old saying that "You should always try to have a buddy more experienced than you."

Fine.  Who was your more experienced buddy?  Who shared their experience with you, to help you get the experience you have today?

It is a shame that those with experience are so reluctant to share their experience with the newbies. Who will, if you won't?

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER