SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

Omar, read my comments again--you're obviously confused...

Mario M - AOW/Business Owner
February 24, 2006 at 10:15:50

Better read my comments again Omar--you are confused.  I am not opposed to PADI, I'm just uncomfortable with some of the things they are doing. As I said in my previous post, I have no problem with the step-by-step training system, which appears to be the industry norm these days. What concerns me is the PADI Scuba Diver course which (as others have pointed out in this forum) substitutes supervision for adequate training. As for scuba industry whores, I was not referring to you but if the red dress fits, wear it. 

General comments to the effect that training agencies are working towards safety in diving are meaningless.  The issue is the PADI Scuba Diver course and since you did not answer the question, I will ask you again: How does substituting supervision for adequate training--which is exactly what the PADI Scuba Diver course does--make diving safer?

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER