SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

Making diving political...

John - Instructor/Royal Navy
December 23, 2005 at 09:04:25

I agree with Lance's comments about the scuba diver course and I also do the DSD followed by the open water course. I want to know why was the DM mentioned in the article at 30m with a scuba diver in the first place!

My point about making diving political is as follows I have dived with very bad divers from both BSAC and PADI.  I have to live with the majority of diving in the royal navy being bsac and don't even recognise PADI divers.  I disagree with the statment that a diver learns everything with PADI in 4 days - PADI provide a continuing education program. Many of you will state that this is marketing but isn't diving a business also. After all BSAC have club fees and can charge whatever they like for courses (it says so on the BSAC website).

I regard an expierenced diver as having the skills required to dive that area. ie I have never dived at altitude! So all you expierenced divers out there that think there expierenced just because you have 400 logged dives in a quarry, think again. Diving is a fun pastime and we just need to check the European standards to ensure our dive education is good enough, oh BSAC aren't listed!

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER