SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

OK, "irresponsible" works for me...

Lou - Scuba Diver/Sales Exec
July 20, 2005 at 06:11:39

Marvin - The more I read (and I've been accused of reading TOO much in the past), the more I have to agree with you, and the other pro's.  The Scuba certification does give one much more training than a simple DSD course, but I am convinced that the full Open Water course is the correct way to get started in what can be a great pastime. Until then I'm probably a danger to myself and anyone who would take me diving, thinking that I was totally self-sufficient down there.  Furthermore, I think that we'll need to take the deep diving, wreck diving, and navigation courses before we can actually call ourselves "divers". Any other courses you would recommend? Nitrox? Adventure diver?

In retrospect, even though the "Scuba Diver" course was good for me, I can see how it can create potentially dangerous situations for other divers, and the "certified" Scuba Divers themselves.

We're planning to go diving this coming winter/spring in Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman (and maybe Florida); and I would like to come home alive! Thanks for your input.

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER