SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

It's all alphabet soup--there's no significant difference between the agencies...

Ted R - Instructor/Dive Center Owner
April 23, 2005 at 06:22:56

I agree the PADI Scuba Diver course is a terrible product but the PADI Open Water course is not significantly different from any of the others.  Really, it's all alphabet soup. There is no significant difference between the entry-level courses of the various agencies and anybody who says there is, well then they are just PADI-bashing fools looking for some attention.  I've taught them all and if you want to give your students quality training, you've got to enhance the course no matter which agency it is. I always double the number of training sessions and add many skill training scenarios. You've got to prepare people for the worst and the only way to do that is to add real-world training that no agency I know of offers in their entry-level courses.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER