SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

PADI Scuba Diver is just a way for PADI to sell another C-Card...

Ian Johnson - Instructor/Dive School Owner
October 25, 2004 at 14:38:43

Is not the PADI Scuba Diver just a way for PADI to sell a cert, and get another $30.75?  We have had a few come to us to upgrade to full open water, but most need the full course. Many can't do a mask clear. I know of dive schools that give Scuba Diver cards to the ones who failed their open water training.

Now can anyone tell me why PADI called it Scuba Diver when they knew that agencies like NAUI and SDI use Scuba Diver as their entry level certification?  All this does is add confusion for the PADI Divemaster. I have had my NAUI Scuba Divers refused dives because the DM didn't know the diffrence.

The PADI Scuba Diver is just an expensive resort course that PADI can claim another cert for.

Action Divers

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER