SCUBA DIVING NEWS       ::       SCUBALINX       ::       SCUBA POLL       ::       CYBER DIVER       ::       J DIVER       ::       IN-DEPTH       ::       SCUBA SEARCH

Scuba Forum, Scuba Board, Scuba Message BoardScuba Forum - The Scuba Board for Serious DiversScuba Forum :: ForumsScuba Forum :: SearchScuba Forum :: RegisterScuba Forum :: FAQScuba Forum :: RulesScuba Forum :: Recent Posts

PAGE ONE :: FORUMS :: EDITORIALS :: PADI SCUBA DIVER

We are another PADI dive shop that rejected PADI Scuba Diver but...

John B - Instructor/Dive shop employee
July 16, 2004 at 11:15:03

First, I just want to say what a great board this is.  Most message boards are like junior high school lunchrooms: Everybody's talking but nobody's saying anything.  This is more like a seminar, a real forum of ideas and opinions.  Love it!

Anyway, I wanted to mention that we also rejected the PADI Scuba Diver course. We don't teach it and we don't accept divers in our tour groups unless they have at least the Open Water training. After that, we make sure to check that their experience matches the kind of dive trip we've scheduled. Point is we have the last word not PADI because it's our ass that's on the line. 

But I agree with Steve that many PADI dive shops are small businesses run by small-minded people who will sell anything and everything PADI rolls out.  They don't give a damn about anything except making money and that's the god-awful truth.

Dive VIP

CDNN HEADLINE NEWS

PreviousNextUp

SPONSORED LINKS

advertise   ::   newsletter   ::   privacy   ::   notice   ::   contact us

© 1995 - 2007  CYBER DIVER